Research and Markets
announced the addition of the “The Top-up Shopper Mission 2010: Hot Drinks
Focus” report to their offering.
The top-up food and grocery market. Essential insight into shopper motivations
Addressing the increasingly significant top-up food and grocery industry,
Evolution presents the most up to date and authoritative study into the market,
shoppers motivations and behaviours, and retailer top-up propositions – offering
relevant and actionable insight for your business.
Evolutions report also goes beyond market and shopper analysis to offer
additional detailed analytics relating to hot drinks top-up shoppers, and how
they compare to the average top-up shopper.
The report will help your business to develop targeted shopper marketing
initiatives designed to influence shoppers at the point of purchase, explore
broader demand in the top-up market and identify how hot drinks performs in
relation to others, drawing key learnings and opportunities for growth.
The report covers all major retail channels including supermarkets and
superstores, c-stores, symbol group and independents.
Aimed at FMCGs, retailers and in-store creative agencies, the report will help
* Understand the size and value of the top-up market in the UK.
* Recognise the role and profile of the top-up shopper in the UK food and
* Learn about the underlying drivers and motivations for different top-up
missions and how these can influence choice of channel or store.
* Find out how food and grocery retailers perform in the top-up market, and how
their propositions cater for their top-up shopper.
* Understand how top-up shoppers behave in-store; what journey they take, their
key decision points and how they are affected by marketing.
* Find out which methods of shopper marketing are the most effective with top-up
* Review the key drivers of change, major innovations and trends shaping the
In addition to extensive coverage of the top-up market and shopper motivations
and behaviours, Hot Drinks Focus will help your business identify specifically
how hot drinks performs in relation to other categories in the top-up market.
* Review the profile of hot drinks top-up shoppers by key metrics including
demographics, penetration, geographic region, frequency and spend.
* Compare and contrast the views of hot drinks top-up shoppers to the average
top-up shopper in relation to key topics including budgeting, planning, shopping
lists and different shopper marketing initiatives.
* Ascertain the performance of the hot drinks top-up market across the different
UK retailers and channels, and identify opportunities for growth.
* Recognise complementary categories for top-up shoppers who buy hot drinks.
* Discover the different circumstances in which shoppers buy hot drinks as part
of their top-up shop.
Key Topics Covered:
The top-up mission definition
A framework for behaviour
The top-up market
Drivers and trends
Top-up shopper behaviour
The Top-up mission: Hot Drinks focus
Retailer top-up profiles
* The Co-op
* Marks and Spencer
For more information visit
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Copyright Business Wire 2010