London, May 26(ANI): Liverpool’s prospects of retaining the services of striker Fernando Torres have been boosted after the player’s agent said that Torres has no desire to leave the club.
“For the moment I can assure fans that Fernando will continue at Liverpool next season,” The Sun quoted Jose Antonio Peton, Torres’ manager, as saying.
Torres had earlier emerged as a 50 million-pound rated transfer target for Manchester City and Chelsea.
However, despite the uncertainty surrounding the future of Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez and the club’s ability to strengthen the Anfield squad, Peton said that Torres remains happy at the club.
“Everything is down to Liverpool’s attitude, but for the time being, Fernando is happy at the club and has a good contract,” Peton said.
“Liverpool have not spoken to us about his future, so he is just concentrating on playing at the World Cup,” he added. (ANI)