Research and Markets
announced the addition of the “China Sourcing Report: Crafts, Gifts & Novelties
2010″ report to their offering.
Chinas crafts, gifts and novelties industry is well on the road to recovery.
Current manufacturing upgrades, upbeat growth forecasts and stronger government
support all point to a healthier business climate through the rest of 2010.
On the back of improving US and Europe economies, many suppliers in the country
project overseas revenue to increase more than 20 percent in the next 12 months.
In preparation for a demand upturn, companies across different product sectors
are expanding their capacity. This is done by automating key processes at their
factories or opening additional plants in inland provinces, where labor, land
and operating costs are lower.
Moreover, using computerized equipment not only raises efficiency but also
softens the impact of the worker shortage, which several manufacturing
industries currently face.
This report covers crafts in various materials such as ceramic and porcelain,
glass and crystal, polyresin, wood and metal. Gift packaging, novelties, photo
frames and scale models are covered as well.
What you’ll get
* In-depth profiles of 32 major suppliers with a comprehensive look at their
manufacturing and export capability, verified contact details, and more this
information is not available anywhere else
* 141 full-color images that depict popular crafts, gifts and novelties export
models, complete with product descriptions, prices, minimum order requirements
and delivery times
* Verified supplier contact details of an additional 21 exporters, including
names, e-mails, telephone numbers and websites
* Supplier information in tabular format to help you compare companies at a
* Results of the custom-designed supplier survey, which forecasts industry
trends for the next 12 months
* An extensive overview of the industry discussing the main challenges facing
* An in-depth examination of the supplier base highlighting key characteristics
of different types of companies
* Details of the primary production centers
* An update of the latest trends in design, R&D, materials and components
* A review of the key factors that influence the price and quality of low-end,
midrange and high-end products
* Comprehensive pricing tables featuring export price ranges
Who should read this report
* – CEOs, Directors, Presidents, Business Owners – Export/ Import Managers,
Sourcing Representatives, Sourcing Engineers, Supply Chain Directors,
Procurement Managers, Agents – Sales Executives & Managers, Marketing Executives
& Managers, International Buyers – Business Consultants, Investment Managers -
Anyone who needs to understand the China supply market
The following are some of the trends we see in Chinas crafts, gifts and
* To widen revenue streams further, more makers are responding to the green
movement by adopting environment-friendly practices. An example is the increased
utilization of LNG in lieu of LPG in glass and crystal craft production, and of
sustainable timber among wooden craft specialists.
* Many suppliers will be focusing their design development efforts on raising
visual appeal via incorporating novelty shapes and styles. Night lights in
cartoon themes and photo frames with mosaic embellishments, for instance, will
* To raise their value, simple crafts and novelties are integrated with
functional components, such as polyresin designs that work as clocks, water
fountains or lamps.
* At many companies, prices have increased, albeit modestly. This is to cover
fluctuating raw material costs and stay afloat amid the cutthroat competition.
* While many makers are going back to traditional export markets such as the US
and Europe, some continue to explore opportunities in the Middle East, India and
Africa to shore up overseas revenue.
The product scope of this updated report comprises crafts in various materials
such as ceramic and porcelain, glass and crystal, polyresin, wood and metal.
Gift packaging, novelties, photo frames and scale models are covered as well.
For each category, the latest design trends, surface treatments and features are
provided. The report also highlights key factors that differentiate the price
and characteristics of lowend, midrange and high-end releases.
Projections for the next six to 12 months on overseas sales, capacity expansion
plans and R&D focus are detailed in the Supplier Survey. The Industry Overview
section elaborates on the manufacturing updates and export forecasts during the
economic recovery stage. The lines demographics and primary hubs are likewise
Reflecting the industry structure, the majority of companies interviewed for
this report are manufacturers with direct rights to ship overseas. Most are
located in Guangdong and Fujian provinces, the lines top production centers.
There are also a handful based in Jiangsu and Zhejiang provinces, and Shanghai.
Further, more than 80 percent of featured suppliers are mainland China-owned.
The rest have financial backing from Taiwan and Hong Kong enterprises.
Many of the companies in this report have been in the manufacturing and export
industry for more than a decade.
For more information visit
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager,
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Copyright Business Wire 2010