New Footwear Show is a Success
WOODLAND HILLS, Calif., March 1/PRNewswire/ — FN PLATFORM launched to great
applause at MAGIC Marketplace last week in Las Vegas. A comprehensive event
for Men’s, Women’s, Juniors and Children’s footwear, FN PLATFORM was created
to complement and expand the “one-stop-shopping” experience offered to
thousands of attendees at MAGIC’s semi-annual events.
FN PLATFORM proved to be an easily navigated forum for dedicated footwear
retailers and department and specialty store apparel buyers alike. Under one
roof, MAGIC succeeded as the first show in the industry to successfully bring
together the largest variety of footwear with an equally comprehensive range
“We are thrilled with the initial success of FN PLATFORM,” said Chris
DeMoulin, MAGIC International President and Executive Vice President of
Advanstar’s Fashion Group. “We will continue to gather valuable feedback from
exhibitors and retailers to make the show even better in August.”
“FN PLATFORM pulled it off! We had an outstanding show with plenty of
unsolicited customers, as well as buyer appointments. Our appointments ranged
from independents to the majors, and they were all pleased with the ability to
work the show comfortably. My hat is off to you guys.”
- Exhibitor Ken Braun, J75 by Jump, Jump USA Inc.
“FN PLATFORM was fantastic. Much better than any other show. If this continues
for next season, I will be very pleased to attend.” – Alex Mohammed, Buyer
for Novecento Studio.
“FN PLATFORM was a wonderful addition to MAGIC. We found all our old vendors
as well as many new ones. Buying clothing, shoes, and accessories at the same
market makes for a more coordinated and more profitable buy. Thanks for this
great addition to an already wonderful MAGIC Show.”
- Gene Rees, Buyer for F Rees
“I loved FN PLATFORM. It was easy to shop and there were a lot of great
brands. Staff was super friendly. I will for sure go again.” – Emily Waldron,
Buyer for Onlineshoes.com
FN PLATFORM HIGHLIGHTS:
* Over 550 exhibiting footwear brands.
* Over 65,000 square feet of space.
* Buyer response was overwhelming from the likes of Macy’s, Anthropologie,
Kurt Geiger and many many more.
* Dynamic Keynote speech by Zappos’ CEO Tony Hsieh.
* Anniversary Celebration honoring milestones of those in the footwear
industry celebrating their longevity or launch in business. Included
incredible brands like Steve Madden, Sperry Topsider and Donald J. Pliner.
* Easy-to-navigate and well merchandised floorplans using five visually
stunning lifestyle neighborhoods:
* COSMO- Women’s Fashion Footwear such as Stuart Weitzman, Ted Baker,
Donald J. Pliner, Ralph Lauren, L.A.M.B., Juicy Couture, kate spade, Missoni,
Elizabeth & James and Cynthia Vincent.
* CAMP- Men’s and Women’s Athleisure/Euro Trend/Lifestyle Casual/Americana.
Sample exhibitors included Palladium, Sperry Topsiders, K-Swiss, Hunter
Boots, Lacoste, UES, Superga, K-Swiss and Fossil.
* BOND- Men’s Collections with exhibitors like Cole Haan, Allen Edmonds,
Neil M., Calvin Klein Men’s, HUGO, Bruno Magli, Hudson and Kenneth Cole New
* ZEN-Men’s & Women’s Comfort area with exhibitors Naturalizer, Easy Spirit,
Sofft, Medici, Crocs, Tommy Bahama, Isola. And more.
* INPLAY-Junior’s and Children’s included exhibitors Stride Rite, DV by Dolce
Vita, Jessica Simpson Kids, N.Y.L.A., Poetic License, Diesel Kids, Dollhouse,
Zigi and XOXO.
* Opening Night Charity Bowling Event: Raised over $11,000 for footwear
charity YP210 – YOUNG PROFESSIONALS for Two Ten.
* Additionally, MAGIC Marketplace reported first time buyer registration up
over 9%, and a 13% increase in overseas buyer registration
About FN PLATFORM
FN PLATFORM is a comprehensive event for Men’s, Women’s and Children’s
footwear, FN PLATFORM is a joint venture of Advanstar Communications,
Fairchild Fashion Group and Footwear News. Launched in February 2010, more
information is available at www.fnplatform.com.
Every August and February, the fashion industry converges in Las Vegas for
the most influential event in the business – the MAGIC Marketplace. 2010
launches MAGIC’s dual campuses at the Las Vegas Convention Center and the
Mandalay Bay Convention Center. The August 2010 MAGIC Marketplace will run
from August 17-19. For up-to-date exhibitor listings, seminar scheduling,
travel support and registration information, please visit
SOURCE MAGIC Marketplace
Kathleen Flaherty of K21 Communications, +1-310-203-8444,
firstname.lastname@example.org, for MAGIC Marketplace