London, July 10 (ANI): While sales of Michael Jackson’s earlier albums have boosted in the past few weeks, the new music recorded by the late King of Pop before his death is not expected to be release anytime soon, revealed president of his record label Epic.
Jackson had been working on new music for several years with hip-hop and R and B stars like Will.i.am, Ne-Yo and Akon.
“We just want to pay our respects to Michael. We don’t want to be seen to be jumping on any bandwagon associated with his death,” the BBC quoted Amanda Ghost as saying.
In an interview with BBC 6 Music, Ghost said that “the appetite is definitely there” for new material.
“If we do release anything of unreleased material, it has to be fantastic and it can’t damage in any way his legacy or his legend and I won’t let that happen at Epic.
“I have no idea when it’s coming out, but it will come out on Sony/Epic. We haven’t made any decisions because we just want to be respectful for his memory and not be seen in any way as trying to cash in,” she added.
In fact, the release of new music could also be delayed as legal negotiations over his estate continue.
Bruce Swedien, a producer and engineer who worked on ‘Off The Wall’ and ‘Thriller’, has said that he believed Jackson was working on instrumental music as well as a pop album. (ANI)