MANCHESTER, UNITED KINGDOM, Jun 13 (MARKET WIRE) —
Swinton Bikes is giving motorcyclists advice on the best security
accessories in a bid to help keep bikes safe – while at the same time
reducing riders’ motorcycle insurance premiums.
The UK’s leading high street retailer of bike insurance has highlighted
some of the best security accessories available after an online survey
revealed that nearly a fifth of motorcyclists do not use additional
The recommended security devices, which may help motorcyclists reduce
motorcycle insurance premiums, are:
– Immobilisers – can come as standard or can be fitted to the motorbike
after purchase. Immobilisers shut down the essential systems for
starting the engine in the event of theft.
– Chains and Anchors – locking the motorcycle with a chain to a secure
anchor will greatly increase the overall security and reduce the chances
of getting the motorcycle stolen.
– Disc Locks – these are attached to the spokes of the wheel to prevent it
from turning and being wheeled away.
Thatcham, the Motor Insurance Repair Research Centre gives motorcycle
makes and models a five star rating based on their overall security
performance. Theft of assesses the motorcycle’s ability to resist the
theft of the actual vehicle, testing the immobiliser, locks and vehicle
The highest ratings achieved are:
– Yamaha FZ1
– Honda CBF Sports
– Kawasaki GTR
Anthony Aronin, Head of Swinton Bikes, said, “Motorbike security
is extremely important. The more measures that motorcyclists take in
keeping their vehicle secure the more money they could potentially save
on their motorbike insurance premium. It is also important to check how
much a premium will be before a purchase is made.”
– With 580 branches nationwide Swinton is the UK’s largest high street
– Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton
is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the
– Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of
its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike
and even classic car insurance
– With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a
panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates
Anoushka Done, Anna Asamoah or Mairead Rodden
0161 838 7770
Copyright 2010, Market Wire, All rights reserved.