Melbourne, May 10 (ANI): A Melbourne filmmaker has come up with the idea of a new reality TV show to auction off male and female virgins. The show will then be made into a documentary.
Justin Sisely has spent more than a year recruiting male and female virgins willing to auction themselves on camera. The “auditions” were held with posters calling for “Virgins Wanted” over an image of the Virgin Mary.
The show will be filmed in US instead of Australia, as he will face prostitution charges there. The auction will take place in a brothel in Nevada, ‘sin-city’ Las Vegas.
Sisely will pay each virgin 20,000 dollars and they will also receive 90 per cent of the sale price, with the remaining 10 per cent going to the Nevada brothel where the auction will be held.
Before the final auction, bids will be placed online.
Sisely said virgins previously selected had left the project and he was forced to find others willing to sell themselves.
Each virgin will earn 20,000 dollars in addition to 90 per cent of the sale price, with the remaining 10 per cent going to the Nevada brothel.
“The hardest part is telling the parents, they hate me,” News.com.au quoted Sisely as saying.
The participants had agreed to do the show mostly for the money. Like a 21-year-old from Sydney, who uses the pseudonym Veronica, said she signed up to the controversial project to earn money and to change perceptions about sex.
“Technically I”m selling my virginity for money, technically that would be classified as prostitution, but it”s not going to be a regular thing, so in my head I can justify that I”m not going to be a prostitute,” she said.
Another fellow ‘John’ said, “Money is a good incentive but I”m really more excited about the journey I”m about to go on.”
The project has enraged many, with Family First Senator Steve Fielding branding it “absurd, ridiculous and disgusting”.(ANI)